- Get Involved
Documentary Heritage Program
The Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) is a New York State records program designed to locate, organize, and make available the state's historical records which are critical to ensuring the survival of New York's heritage.
Established by law in 1988, the DHP is administered by the New York State Archives, State Education Department, and is funded through the Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund. The DHP offers regional services and a statewide competitive grants program.
DHP services are available to any organization that holds historical records and makes them publicly accessible.
Such organizations include not-for-profit archives, libraries, historical societies, museums, and similar institutions within New York State.
South Central DHP
Museumwise is the regional service provider for South Central New York, which encompasses Allegany, Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, and Yates counties.
Regional services that we provide include:
- Workshops and training programs on topics such as archival arrangement & description, security, and board/staff relationships. Click here for a list of current workshops
- Advice for historical records repositories on how to strengthen their programs, including phone consultations, referrals, and print resources.
- Site Visits to area repositories to assess & evaluate programs, records, etc.
- A quarterly e-Newsletter highlighting historical records information, organizations, events, and programs in the region.
- Information resources pertinent to archival and records management practices
- A Lending Library with over 300 titles.
- Information on and coordination of Archives Month activities.
Stephanie Lehner Rowe, South Central Regional Archivist can be contacted through Museumwise at (800) 895-1648; email@example.com. For further information on services, click on the links above.
Now enrolling for winter-spring courses!We're offering the following mini courses in a four-...
New Year = New grant season!
A few updates for 2013 Grants for Museum Advancement:
- Get Set! grant...
Enliven your space with an exhibit from Museumwise
Read More ►►